Under Federal law, Financial Aid Administrators may change a student’s cost of attendance, expected family contribution or satisfactory academic progress status if it is determined extenuating circumstances exist.
Special circumstances can include but are not limited to:
- Loss of wages (student, spouse or parent)
- Separation or divorce of parent or student after application
- Death of parent or spouse after application
- Mets Shorts Men's Dri MLB Nike FIT Dependent care expenses
- Unusually high medical or dental expenses not covered by insurance
Nike Shorts FIT Mets Men's Dri MLB Circumstance that will not warrant a change:
- FIT Mets Nike Shorts Men's Dri MLB Reduction and or loss of child support
- Reduction and or loss Self-Employment/ Business Income
- Resigning from employment to pursue education
- Resigning from employment - without a special circumstance (will review for health reasons must have medical documentation)
- Withdrawals (Pensions, IRA's, Annuities) to pay down personal debt will not be processed, but withdrawals for education and medical circumstances with documentation will be reviewed
- Dri Mets Men's FIT MLB Nike Shorts Personal loans to pay down debt will not be processed
- Reduction of income due to loss of overtime hours
To have a special circumstance reviewed, students must meet with their financial aid counselor to ensure all appropriate documentation is submitted to the professional judgment committee for review.
Dri Men's Mets FIT Nike Shorts MLB Once all documentation has been collected, the financial aid counselor will electronically submit the case to the professional judgment committee for review. The committee will provide a decision to the financial aid counselor, who will contact the student regarding the decision.
Decisions made by the committee are final. There is no appeal process to the U.S. Department of Education.
Dependency overrideAnn Leisure winter Skirt Taylor Casual CZUU8Xwqx
A student may have unusual circumstances that justify a change in status from dependent to independent. All dependency overrides are made on a case-by-case basis. A student must submit a Dependency Override Request Form that can be obtained from a financial aid counselor. Students who have previously received a dependency override must submit a Dependency Override Reaffirmation Statement.